You can find many reasons why people choose Gmail. You can visit first the website at www.gmail.com. This is because even if it’s free it offers many features that help email communication an enjoyable experience. There are amazing features that people love and trust Gmail. But even though many consider it as almost a perfect email provider, it is inevitable that there are things that will happen which we will not like such as losing or deleting all the important emails on your account. That is why Gmail advices the users to backup their emails. There are many software to use for backup process.
Outlook Steps to Backup Your Emails
- Open your Outlook after which browse Tools > Account Settings.
- Next, press New.
- Type the Gmail info you have, the email address and password.
- And then, the emails will automatically download on Outlook.
You do not need any more to log into Gmail to access your account. You can use this software and even update anytime new emails arrived.
Client Side Steps to Backup Your Emails
- On the top right hand location of your own account website, choose the gear link.
- Now, click on the Settings, after which Forwarding POP/IMAP.
- You should also enable the IMAP and choose the “Do not limit the number of messages in an IMAP folder”. It is underneath the Folder Size Limits.
- Finally, do not forget to simply click “Save Changes”.
The emails are already saved on the client side, all you need is visit Google Support to learn instructions regarding how to begin using Gmail with a Client.
Thunderbird Steps to Backup Your Emails
- You will have to download and install first Mozilla Thunderbird on your computer.
- You should also set up an account.
- Subsequent, input your Gmail credentials, the username and password.
- And lastly, press the Get Mail to download your entire emails.
Just login to this software and you can now see all the emails have been stored even if you delete them on your email account.
For those who do not have an account yet, sign up for Gmail now.