The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is the first requirement which is also called FAFSA to get funds for your college tuition. It is the form that will determine what kind of Federal student aid you will have based on the information you provided on the form, especially the family finance and income. If you have decided what school you want to go, you can now start filling out free FAFSA and determine the type of federal aid available for you. There are three types of federal aid which includes work-study, grants and loans. But it is important if you are not familiar with the process, to learn first the steps before you start applying.
- The first thing you must do is process and complete your income tax or your parents before you start filling out the FAFA.
- After that, you can now complete FAFSA. It is better if you can do it online. If you cannot do online, there are hard copies you can get from your school.
- When you have completed your FAFSA online, make sure you obtain the PIN. It indicates as a signature for your FAFSA online.
- You need information together with the FAFSA such as W-2 forms and other money record related, income tax return, business and farm records, driver’s license and SSS card, bank statements, date of birth and record of investment.
- Answer the questions as much as possible.
- You can list down 10 college schools you wanted to go.
- Never forget to put the PIN when you signed up online.
- In a few weeks your Student Aid Report will arrive after submission of your FAFSA.
- You can now review the financial aid letter from the different colleges you wanted to go. It’s a list of financial aid fit for the college you wanted to go.
These are the simple steps on how you apply for your FAFSA. Paying for college now has a solution.